Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sweet baby girl

Dear Jade,

I love you very much. I'm sorry I had to let you cry and get all upset tonight at bedtime. But you were so mad at me for trying to put you to sleep. I tried rocking you and singing your favorite bedtime song. You just wanted to play and play. So, I put you in your bed...and you got super upset. I tried consoling you by patting your back. Then I tried rubbing your head gently like I did when you were still so itty bitty. Well, that just seemed to make you even madder.

That left me no choice. I did the unthinkable. I left you in your bed, crying your little heart out. It broke my heart to hear you cry such a big girl cry. It wasn't all sweet and soft like your new cousin's cries. It was a "Mommy, puhlleeaaaasssse come back" cry. I heard every bit of it. And I promise.. I didn't let you cry like that forever. It was only 4 minutes. And as silly as it may sound, I think those 4 minutes were a lot harder on me than they were you.

I came back into your room, cuddled you in my arms, and we just swayed for a bit. You were out like a light before I even had time to blink.

Now, lesson learned, right? Just fall asleep while Mommy is rocking you and save us both the agony! =)

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Poor mommy. Sometimes it's more fun to play than sleep! :)