Monday, January 14, 2008

I love you right up to the moon and back.

Since Jade was about a month old I have tried my hardest to get her into a bedtime/nighttime routine. She is now 4 and 1/2 months old.. and we are finally settling into a neat little routine. She has dinner, gets a warm bath, we read, she nurses, I rock her and sing to her you are my sunshine.
I've tried my best to find a good, lovey, schmoopy book to read to her everynight. Well, she got one for Christmas from Nana called "Guess How Much I Love You." The first few times I read it to her, I was bawling by the end of it. (It could have possibly been a combination of the book and missing her. Last week was the first week back to the office full time for me.) It is the sweetest story of a little rabbit trying to tell his father rabbit how much he loves him. Throughout the book the father and son have a contest of how much they love each other. And at the very end, the little rabbit says "I love you right up to the moon." The father puts the son to bed, kisses him goodnight, and whispers to him, "I love you right up to the moon and back." (I'm tearing up just thinking about it!)

No comments: