Friday, January 11, 2008

TOO Much?

How much is too much and how do you measure it? If there were such a thing as loving your child too much, I think it would be me. My heart seems to skip a beat each time I see Jade's precious little smile. And if you look really closely, each time she giggles, you will see tears of joy in my eyes. If I could function without any sleep whatsoever, you could probably find me just leaning over her bed watching as she sleeps. Every time she rolls over or sits up on her own, I feel like shouting it to the whole entire world!

And is it possible to completely smother someone with hugs and kisses? Because if it were possible, Jade would be smothered a million times by now.


Maybe its because of these things that I could care less that she still wakes in the middle of the night needing to nurse sometimes. Maybe its because of these things that I just get tickled pink when she does wake up she just wants to smile and play for a few minutes.


Good thing hearts can't literally melt! If it were possible, mine would have been gone a long time ago!





And thank you to my wonderful, loving husband. Even though we were blessed with a daughter sooner than we expected or planned, you have been the most amazing father. Thank you for the love you pour over both Jade and I daily. Thank you for going up and down the stairs 800 times a day just to help with the "little things"... like getting my cell phone since I inevitably leave it downstairs every night, or getting a burp rag or bib since I can never seem to make it where I'm going with it in my hands. But most of all, thank you for your desire to be a Godly father and husband. Thank you for always being the leader in our household and for helping to guide my footsteps; keeping me accountable. I love you Matt!

No comments: