Thursday, January 22, 2009

In which I confess...

I am not Super-mom..or Super-woman. Or any name that has "Super" as the pre-fix.

Being back at the office full time has brought on a different kind of tired. By the end of the day, I pray, sometimes almost frantically, to have peace of mind.. to not be stressed.. to have the energy to be Super-mom to our Precious Princess and Super-wife to my wonderful Mr.. to have patience with an 18 month old, yet still have the discernment to discipline her wisely.

Its been almost two weeks. The call I dreaded and hoped would never come, did. My boss asked me to come back into the office full time. I am truly greatful that he did ask me to come back in. If not, he could have just found someone else who would. After a mini-freak-out session, in which I am almost sure I muttered "the sky is falling, the sky is falling", I came to my senses and remembered I serve a Sovereign God. We prayed and prayed, and I asked some very dear friends to partner with me in praying. By that evening, The Mr. and I knew that it would be best for our little family if I returned to work.

And just like that (snap fingers here) everything fell into place. Our beautiful little princess is getting to spend ridiculous amounts of time with two aunts, her Nana, several cousins, and pretty much all of her grandparents. While dropping her off into those loving hands isn't necessarily the highlight of my day, I can't begin to describe to you the peace I feel knowing the care she is receiving. And though my feelings still get a little ting of hurt, I feel so at rest when she excitedly greets whomever she gets to see that particular day.

No comments: