Monday, February 25, 2008

To my lil' Princess!

Hi My Little Jade-a-Roo! (A nickname that you think is sooo funny! You smile everytime I say it.)

You are 6 months old now and we can't hardly believe it. I've said it before, and I know I will say it more times than we can count, but you are growing up so fast! In your tiny little hands, you're holding both mine and Daddy's hearts with such a firm grasp. We love you more than you could possibly ever know. With each little giggle or soft cuddling touch, our hearts nearly explode from all the love and joy we have for you. Although I would like to claim you as a true "Momma's girl", you are very quickly becoming a "Daddy's girl." Over the weekend, Aunt Carrie came to play with you a little bit and you seemed a little upset that she was intruding on your time with your Daddy. If he's in the room, you can barely take your eyes off of him. And after he comes home from work, you will stop everything you are doing until he says "HI" to you! And only Daddy can get those deep belly laughs out of you. Sure, you will smirk and give a little giggle to Momma..but Daddy is the hilarious one. Its just precious to watch the bond between you two getting stronger and stronger.

Its amazing all that you have accomplished in the past 6 months. And I can only imagine what the next 6 months might be like!! Its such a blessing that your Daddy and I have you and are able to watch the miracle of life unfold right in front of our eyes. We praise Jesus every day for the sacrifice he made for us so that we can have a relationship with God. And we pray in His name, that someday you too may have that relationship.

So.. to the apple of our eyes, happy half-birthday!

WE LOVE YOU SOO MUCH,
Mommy and Daddy (and your brudder dog Sampson)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saying she was "a little upset" that I was intruding is a huge understatement! The last time I saw a baby cry like that was when a certain sister of mine told my son that he was boring! Anyway, my feelings are still hurt that she cried like that when I told her hello!

-Aunt Carrie