Thursday, January 2, 2014

It's a new year! Hip hip hooray!

I'm not usually one to make New Year's resolutions. But this year, I have a few. There's been some dreams going on up in my thinker, and some things stirring in my heart that I'm choosing to no longer ignore. Some are fun, some are serious, some are off-the-wall weirdness, and some I'm sure will draw me closer to Jesus.

In no particular order, here are mine!


1. I will read the Bible in its entirety, from Genesis all the way to Revelation.
Not only will I read the Bible, but it will be my first priority before any other reading. I love me some reading! All kinds of reading, all kinds of fiction, biographies have become a new favorite, and I love to gleam wisdom and insight from others who walk with Jesus. But I've long been convicted at my lack of  reading the actual Word of God, not just what others have to say about it. So, this year.. I'm reading the Bible, cover to cover, before my eyes pass over any other literary work.

2.  I will clean out every closet, drawer and cabinet in my house. 
Welp. Easy peasy. This one's already accomplished! I cheated just a tad and started on this one in the midst of packing away our Christmas decorations, and making room for our little brood of Blonde-people's new things. It is so refreshing to have all the not-so-hidden nooks and crannies of this humble home cleared, organized and cleaned! Spring cleaning is for chumps! Mid-winter cleaning is where it's at, peeps!!

3. I will be more diligent in my writing. 
I love to write about as much as I love to read. Some super sweet people have encouraged me to write more often. And I'd love to grow as a writer. I've also got this little dream floating around in the empty spaces of my mind to someday write a book. I'm not quite sure how this will get accomplished just yet, or when it will come to fruition.

4. I will be more intentional with my diet and how I care for my body. 
I've got this condition.. its almost-diabetes. I'm not quite diabetic.. but I'm just under the threshold. The Dr suggested I follow a healthier diet and moderate exercise. And I did.. until I didn't and life got crazy, and all the sugar in the world was like a big, welcoming hug. Then, I started getting real tired all the time and had no energy. So, I'm taking baby steps to feeling better, and hope to continue a healthier lifestyle.

5. My little side-business will be used to benefit those in the process of adoption!
We still believe that our family will grow through international adoption some day. But that some day isn't in our foreseeable future. Try as we might, we have not been able to come up with the cash needed to get the ball rolling. Through the encouragement of loved ones, friends and families in our church body, we are starting the process to become a foster-to-adopt family. When we originally were trying to start the process of international adoption, I signed on as a Compassion Entrepreneur with a really great organization to act as an advocate for so many voiceless women around the globe. Through the selling of their hand-made goods, we offer them sustainable income and hope for their futures. Any income I made from being a partner with the company was meant to go into our adoption fund. Now, I'll be using my earnings to bless an adoptive family each month! I would love to be able to bless the Artisans who hand-craft the items with the opportunity to provide for their families, while also blessing multiple families in the process of bringing home their adopted children!


So there you have it… my hopes and dreams for 2014, all laid out in resolution style!

What are some of your resolutions?!

No comments: