Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

Our good friends Rod and Lauren got married this weekend! Oh, the wedding was absolutely beautiful and Lauren was just a stunning bride! (She wore green shoes yall, and more than "pulled them off.") Such a classy wedding!
So, Friday, I took off early to be able to make it to the rehearsal dinner with the Amazing Mister (and Precious Princess too.) I had every intention of letting the girl get a good nap since she had woken up pretty early Friday morning. Instead, I decided to spoil her. We went to Wal-Mart to pick up some new cheap-throw-in-the-backpack-toys. Boy, I sure am glad I had that idea! Among the toys, a $2 pink ball and a $5 mini-magna-doodle. Between the new toys and the new outfit(s) for the wedding, the girl got a bit spoiled this weekend.

I only have about 5 pictures from this weekend exactly like this! She would fall asleep mid-doodle!

We are very grateful that the rehearsal and dinner were early on Friday. We were able to get home, and put Jade to bed by 7pm! HALLELUAH!
We woke up bright-eyed and bushytailed Saturday morning. And somehow, without the help of the Amazing Mister, we were able to leave the house 30 minutes early than expected. Y'all it was a true blessing from the Lord! Usually, when its just the girl and me.. we are leaving 15 minutes late! We made a quick stop to get the beautiful couple's present.. and my girl created such a ruckus. She was so cute she even had people stopping us in the parking lot!

We ended up getting to the ceremony about 15 minutes early. Oh, and what a beautiful ceremony it was. The chapel was absolutely gorgeous and the message was awesome! Afterwards, we headed to the classy reception...where Jade's mood slowly deteriorated. She would having nothing to do with being polite and giving cutesy smiles to some of our old friends. Instead, she wanted to run like a wild commanche! I am blessed to say that nothing was broken, burned or completely destroyed as a result of Jade being there though.

I finally remembered that I had brought the miracle toy with us to the reception! She actually sat and "colurrred" for a good 30 minutes at one point.

Given that Jade had woken up rather early again, I figured she would delight in taking a gloriously long nap when we got home at about 3:30. I must have not taken into account the two suckers Nana had fed her on the way to the reception, the cake I let her have, and all the sweet tea she guzzled. So, instead, she helped the Amazing Mister and I spruce up the back yard. That could almost be another post in and of itself. However, I will say that I am utterly embarrased at the state it was in before we began working! I took care of the many presents our dog has left us over the last several months while Matt worked on planting the palms we bought about a week ago. Praise the Lord for the awesome sale Lowes had on some palms! (Only $10 each!)

Afterwards, we spruced ourselves up to return the tux, get the Mister some new work shoes, and to treat ourselves to some "Goo-ood" Mexican food. Mmm.. I love you Adobe Cafe. By the time we got home, Jade was nearly in a coma-like sleep.. and I was not far from it. The girl didn't even bat an eye as I was changing her into her night clothes!

What a fun weekend we have had!

Not too big of a shock.. Jade preferred the company of Nana and Papoo rather than me after the ceremony. She insisted on "wok-ing" with them.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Aww thanks for the sweet comments. :) Jade looked adorable at the wedding, I'm loving the bow things she's rocking :)