Thursday, October 23, 2008

Did you know?

That autumn (or fall, whichever you prefer) is actually code for "season of soups." Friends, I kid you not. That's really what it mean. Well. At least in my book it does. I get stupid happy when it starts turning the slightest bit cool! Because it means I can start cooking all my yummy soups. Not only are they yummy, but they are super inexpensive to make and last forever!


Tonight, I will be making this beauty:

Taco Soup

Although poor Hubs.. when he saw the lineup for this week solemnly said "I don't think I'm ready for that yet." (Referring of course to the taco soup.) Did I mention how much I love to make soups? OOoohh, another great point.. I can start this bad boy at about 4:30ish-5ish.. we can go work out.. and it will still taste WONDERFUL when we get back. (And of course, leftovers always heat up as good as new.)

Recipe:

1 lb Hamburger Meat

1 packet Ranch seasoning/dip mix

1 packet Taco seasoning

1 can Mexican style stewed tomatoes (sometimes I just use regular ones if I can't find Mex. style)

1 can normal corn

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained

Brown hamburger meat (salt and pepper to taste), drain, put in slow cooker or big ol' pot, add the rest of the ingredients and a couple (or whatever looks right) can fulls of water to pot. Let it cook on medium/low until temperature is just right.

We usually garnish ours with shredded cheddar and sour cream... and tortilla chips!

Hope you enjoy your *Season Of Soups*! =)

No comments: