Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Working in my home..

Phillipians 2: 12-18
12So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 13for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

14Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, 16holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.

17But even if I am being poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and share my joy with you all.

18You too, I urge you, rejoice in the same way and share your joy with me
I pray in all things.. that I would work out my salvation with fear in trembling. That I would be sensitive the Word of God and the convictions God has entrusted me with. Looking back through different seasons of my life, I can see some pretty big lessons, foundations, building blocks.. God was showing me. I am so grateful that God didn't just save me.. and say "There you go." How unexplainably sweet it is that He is not finished.. that He is still at work within me. Because let's face it.. I need it. Through each season, through each lesson, I pray that my attitude would not be negative and would not be full of complaining. But that I would find joy in the mere fact that He is not finished..that when I work, or whatever I do.. I do it all for His glory.


Since the day our precious Princess was born, life has certainly never been the same. And while I am not a seasoned Mother by any means, or one so full of wisdom; I do know this.. I am learning new "lessons" each and every day. Over the past year, I struggled with the fact that I was working outside of our home. While I am not opposed to working if need be, I was so strongly convicted over the fact that I was not being what I know God wanted me to be, a stay at home mom. I was convicted over the things that I counted as "necessities" for so long. (Cable TV, newer cars, new clothes every few months, going out to eat.) Not that it is wrong to indulge in these things, but they became necessities in my life. Through His perfect grace and mercy.. He started moulding me, if you will. These "things" suddenly became roadblocks in me pursuing what I knew I had to do. While it even seemed a bit crazy to rid us of several of those things, we knew we were doing what was best for our family.. doing what we are called to do in the Word.

And no, I do not think it is an abominal sin to have cable TV, to have new clothes, and to go out to eat. If we could afford to indulge in these things, I'm sure we would every once in a while.

I think this video pretty much sums it up.



1 comment:

Janet said...

I am so proud of you and honored to call you my sister. You are doing an amazing job. You are becoming the virtuous woman from Prov. 31. Rock on sister! By the way, have you fed little hurricane katrina any paper lately?